As of 2014, all Microprecision switches are now UL certified!
- Our large switches, the MP40 / 90 / 110 / 210, have a new power rating. They are now certified up to 15A / 250VAC for a temperature of up to 130 degrees Celsius under ENEC. The MP220 has a rating of 10A / 250VAC. Applications for 15A will need a larger cross section of 1.5mm2 for the cable, as 10A will need 1 mm2.
- We now have UL approval under the new UL 61058 norm for appliance switches on all of these products. Under UL, the temperature is only slightly reduced to 125 degrees Celsius. Important to keep in mind: Most competitor products are in the area of 85 degrees Celsius under UL!
- Our MP 700 (except the MP720)/ MP800 / MP900 switches are UL approved under UL508.
- We will be using a new plastic material on the switches. The specifications are not affected, but there will be a light change in color from the existing material.
- With these changes on the MP40/90/110/210/220, we think that we have the most complete and competitive range of 15A micro switches. And with Microprecision's strength of customization (low force, small differential, cable options, and more) we can offer interesting solutions to our customers.